Trip 1: 23rd March – 30th March 2018
Trip 2: 27th March – 3rd April 2018
Trip 3: 30th March – 6th April 2018
FINAL PARENTS MEETING
- This will take place on Wednesday 28th February at 6.30pm in the main school hall. It is important that all students attend with their parents. All adults going on the trip should also attend.
- Important information about the trip will be given out, including emergency information, flight details etc.
- Please make sure that you have visited your GP to book in the vaccinations you will need
- For those of you who have booked Yellow Fever with us please return your form to me asap.
- 24th Jan 3-4pm Yellow Fever Vaccinations at Ridgewood
- Yellow Fever cards should be given to Mrs Hodt by 12th February. Anyone having the Yellow Fever vaccination in school, cards will be kept
- Monday 12th February Malaria Tablet perscription due in to Mrs Hodt.
If I have not had a copy of the detail page of your passport, please can I have it urgently please
- Passports will be collected in at the final information evening on the Wednesday 28th February.
T-SHIRTS AND HOODIES
- Each year as part of the trip everyone gets 2 Project Gambia T shirts. In addition to this you may order extra ones. Miss Bastock and Mrs Harper will be getting order forms out to you.
- We will also be ordering Trip Hoodies for those that want them. Again look out for the forms from Miss Bastock and Mrs Harper.
- Final dates for extra t-short orders and hoodies will be Friday 9th February 2018
- I have included a kit list but could I stress at this point that students do not need to be buying new clothes. Old shorts/T-shirts are acceptable due to the nature of the work we will be doing. A copy of the kit list can be downloaded here
- Equipment list of items needed for activities when we are in The Gambia available for download here
- As part of the trip each everyone is set the challenge of raising £50. This money is used to support some of the work we do whilst in The Gambia. For example, the purchase of paint, school resources, mosquito nets etc. We will be talking to the students this week about this.
- On the Give Penny page we have launched our first 'Gambiathon'. The challenge is to complete a marathon distance within a month. Don't worry you don't have to run it, you can walk the distance. Why not sign up or sponsor someone? Click on the Give Penny link and have a look.